Monday, August 29, 2011

SWOT Analysis

In planning for a successful food truck I must first begin to look at what I can offer the public and if I can deliver that product properly. If so, how will I deliver? Who will I be competing with and how then am I planning to compete successfully with other food trucks that are already established?

"Managing the marketing function begins with a complete analysis of the company’s situation. The marketer should conduct a SWOT analysis, by which it evaluates the company’s overall strengths (S), weaknesses (W), opportunities (O), and threats (T) (see Figure 2.7). Strengths include internal capabilities, resources, positive situational factors that may help the company to serve its customers and achieve its objectives. Weaknesses include internal limitations and negative situational factors that may interfere with the company’s performance. Opportunities are favorable factors or trends in the external environment that the company may be able to exploit to its advantage. And threats are unfavorable external factors or trends that may present challenges to performance. (Armstrong & Kotler: Marketing: An Introduction.)"

STRENGTHS
- I believe in the products I offer.
- I am driven to deliver quality products.
- I am able to utilize current technology to create strong customer relationships and customer value.
- I'm offering simple, healthy food that is easy and fast to prepare.
- My ingredients are simple and low cost keeping my pricing competitive.
- I have experience in running a business and attracting customer loyalty.

WEAKNESS
-


OPPORTUNITY
- The trend to eat healthier is present.
- There are few food trucks that offer healthy alternatives for lunch.

THREATS
- Now that summer is coming to a close, warm food will be prefered.

No comments:

Post a Comment